FLOM’s partner organization aims to develop, facilitate and take part in psychiatric post-graduate training for Mental Health training Centre doctors.
Mental Health Training Centre (MHTC)
Length of service:
Preferably long-term, i.e. at least two years, though short term would be considered especially for specific training periods.
Western part of the country, may involve travel to other regions.
• Enjoys training and building the capacity of others.
• Enjoys working in a multicultural team.
• Resident in Finland
Mental Health Training Centre Project Manager
• Training of doctors
• Developing the training curriculum and materials for post-graduate training in MHTC
• Taking part in further development of the mental health work in the organisation
Main tasks and activities
• Giving theoretical and clinical training sessions to doctors, possibly to nurses too.
• Consultancy for difficult cases, leading case presentations
• Developing materials and curriculum for the training
• Co-operating with different stakeholders involved in medical training in the country
• Qualified psychiatrist (adult psychiatry, possibly also child psychiatry) with work experience, PhD would be an advantage
• Experience in post-graduate training
• Experience/interest in working in a developing country
• Good knowledge of English
• Willing to learn Dari
• Training skills