The Finnish Lutheran Overseas Mission (FLOM) is a Christian mission and development organization affiliated to the Finnish Evangelical Lutheran Church. We are a Bible-based organization whose aim is to share the Christian message in word and deed, particularly in those areas of the world in which there are not currently Christians or in which local Christian communities are still small in size and in need of external support.
FLOM is committed to a holistic view of mission work, according to which mission work includes both Christian proclamation work and work aimed at improving people’s living conditions and reducing poverty. Since 1979 FLOM has participated in numerous development cooperation projects in various countries in Asia and Africa. In addition to development work carried out with local development NGOs, we also encourage the local congregations we work with in developing countries to demonstrate their faith in a practical manner by serving the poor and needy within their local communities.
- FLOM was established in 1974
- The Finnish Evangelical Lutheran Church accepted FLOM as one of the it’s official mission organizations in 1979
- FLOM currently works in Bangladesh, Mongolia, Ethiopia, Japan and in several different Muslim and Jewish communities
- Our organization has about 40 mission workers
- Each mission worker is supported both financially and in prayer by his/her own support group
- FLOM cooperates with national Lutheran Churches, other like-minded organizations and also local and international Civil Society Organizations
- FLOM’s work is funded by support from the Finnish Lutheran Evangelical Church’s “general fund”, through missionary support agreements with individual Lutheran congregations and through private donations
- FLOM’s development cooperation work is implemented with funding from the Finnish Ministry for Foreign Affairs
You, who are interested in going overseas – take contact. We are happy to answer any questions and supply you with needful informaton. It is now you can apply for the 2018 course. The deadline is 31.3.2018. For more information about the course and how to apply , contact Pentti Marttila. Some of the positions we are recuiting for can be found here. We might also succeed to tailor a job just right for you in some our areas of work.
Education Manager Pentti Marttila, +358 45 635 0934, firstname.lastname@example.org